Saccharomyces boulardii (SB), a subspecies of S. cerevisiae, is a non-pathogenic biotherapeutic probiotic agent that supports the establishment of friendly bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). In the GIT, SB increases the production of secretory IgA (sIgA), short chain fatty acids and the activity of the brush border disaccharide digestive enzymes. It also discourages the growth of unfriendly micro-organisms and reduces digestive inflammatory mediators.
- Provides relief from symptoms of traveller's diarrhoea.
- SB is not affected by antibiotics and may offer relief of symptoms of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Supports healthy digestive system function.
- Supports healthy immune system function.
- Maintains healthy mucous lining of the digestive system.
- Heat-stable to 30ºC; ideal for travelling.
- Excipient, lactose and dairy free formula.
- Vegan friendly.
Each capsule contains:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae (boulardii)
250mg (5 billion CFU)
No added dairy, gluten, shellfish, soy protein.
Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Adults: Take 1-2 capsules once or twice daily, or as professionally prescribed.
Infants and children (2 months - 12 months): Mix 1/2-1 capsule into breastmilk or formula once or twice a day, or as professionally prescribed. Consume promptly.
Children 4 years - 12 years: Take 1/2-1 capsule once or twice a day, or as professionally prescribed.
If symptoms persist consult your health professional.
If diarrhoea persists for more than 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3 years-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use.
Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.