Blackmores Professional P.S.M.P.
- When prescribed by a health care proessional P.S.M.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed for infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
Potassium, magnesium and phosphate support energy production and neuromuscular and cardiovascular function. Sulfate is present in mucus secreted by epithelial goblet cells and is often found with potassium as a component of connective tissue.
- Immunity: Sulfate is a component of the mucus secreted as a protective agent by epithelial goblet cells found in the digestive and respiratory system.
- Connective tissue: Sulfate is a structural component of many glycosaminoglycans, proteoglycans, glycolipids and glycoproteins and as such, is a stabiliser of connective tissue, contributing to its strength, elasticity and hydration. The polysaccharides associated with glycoproteins and glycolipids on the cell surface are often associated with potassium
- Energy production: The production and storage of energy in the body depends on the availability of both magnesium and phosphate . Phosphate is incorporated into compounds such as ATP and cyclic AMP. Magnesium combines with and stabilises the ATP molecule, and the resultant Mg-ATP complex (rather than ATP alone), is the substrate for most ATP-requiring enzymes.
- Neuromuscular function: Magnesium has inhibitory and stabilising effects on neurons at the neuromuscular junction, and plays an influencing role in the release of neurotransmitters.
Each tablet contains:
|each tablet contains lactose||285mg|
Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed.
Contains soy, lactose
- Magnesium may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.