Blackmores S.S.M.P. contain Sodium sulfate and Magnesium phosphate are for mineral supplementation.
- Combines sodium sulfate and magnesium phosphate in a single tablet.
- When prescribed by a healthcare professional S.S.M.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed for infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
Sulfate ions are involved in detoxification, especially the conjugation process. Sodium plays a key role in fluid balance and is required for bile production. Magnesium and phosphate are vital for energy production and neuromuscular function.
- Energy production: The production and storage of energy in the body depends on the availability of both magnesium and phosphate. Phosphate is incorporated into compounds such as ATP and cyclic AMP. Magnesium combines with and stabilises the ATP molecule, and the resultant Mg-ATP complex (rather than ATP alone), is the substrate for most ATP-requiring enzymes.
- Neuromuscular function: Magnesium has inhibitory and stabilising effects on neurons at the neuromuscular junction, and plays an influencing role in the release of neurotransmitters
- Detoxification: Sulfur compounds are involved in phase II detoxification (conjugation), where they render metabolites more water-soluble, thereby inactivating them and facilitating their excretion in the bile, faeces or urine. Sodium is required for bile production, and is incorporated into the conjugation products of several bile salts.
- Connective tissue: Sulfate is a structural component of many glycosaminoglycans, proteoglycans, glycolipids and glycoproteins and as such, is a stabiliser of connective tissue, contributing to its strength, elasticity and hydration. Sulfated glycosaminoglycan production is important in injury and wound repair.
Each tablet contains:
|Sodium sulfate - anhydrous||195mg|
|each tablet contains lactose||115mg|
Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed
Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Caution may be required in some patients due to sodium content. S.S.M.P. may interact with certain other medications your patients may be taking Sodium may increase the risk of oedema associated with antihypertensive agents (calcium channel blockers, vasodilators), corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, oestrogens, liquorice and carbenoxolone. Magnesium may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. S.S.M.P. should be administered at least 2 hours apart from tetracycline and quinolone antibiotics.
You May also like
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the first to know about special offers, loyalty discounts, new products and content from our wellness journal.
Also receive 10% off on your next order
Be in the know and share the love!